Food Handler Certification
Course Fee Details
|Early Bird||90 $||13%|
|Regular||90 $||13 %|
|Existing Customers||90 $||13 %|
|Groups||Email for Price||13 %||Minimum of 5 participants. Email to [email protected] with details for coupon code.|
This training course is intended to explain fundamentals and Pre-requisites/ good manufacturing practices in a Food Plant Environment for Food Handlers. The course is good for Food Handler, Food Packers, Food Operators. Lead Hands, Supervisors, QA Specialist and Technicians.
Food Plant Fundaments / Pre-requisites
Foodborne illnesses are mostly caused by cross contamination or bad hygiene practices. Food Plant Fundaments or pre-requisites are the building blocks of a food safety system. Food Safety Pre-requisites are the pillars of a strong food safety management system building to ensures compliance to customer expectations and food legislation and regulatory requirements.
The training course enfolds best practices for food handlers to avoid cross contamination and avoid food borne illnesses by ensuring adherence to good manufacturing practices. The training helps in designing, establishing, and executing good manufacturing practices in a food processing plant. A well in-place food safety pre-requisites program ensures not just can prevent cross contamination but also offers a sturdy foundation for a HACCP/ Food Safety Plan. A strong adherence to good hygiene practices and Food Safety Pre-requisites is also necessitated under CFIA – Safe Food for Canadians (SFCA) and FDA – Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA).
Food Vision offers a series of trainings on Food Handling Practices for Basic to Advanced Learners. This course is a basic course that refreshes basic food safety essentials, food hygiene practices and food handling good practices and provide bases for understanding HACCP/ Food Safety Plan requirements.
This course is applicable to all HACCP, GFSI Benchmarked Food Safety Schemes e.g., SQF, BRC, IFS, and FSSC 22000 and build capacity for HACCP based Food Safety Management Systems.
|Start Date||End Date||Location||Prices||Availability|
|Sep 27, 2022 – 09:00||Sep 27, 2022 – 17:00||FVN Training Centre||Early Bird: CA$90.00
At the end of the training and learning interaction, you will be able to:
- Explore Types of Hazards
- Explore Food Borne Illnesses and the role of Food Handlers
- Explore Cross Contamination
- Explore Hazards and their Link with Food Safety
- Explore Best Practices in managing Food Safety Fundaments.
- Explore and discuss the value of Food Pre-requisites in Food Safety Mgt.
- Explore Essentials of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Explore value of good operating procedures
- Gap Assessment of your current GMPs.
- Be part of group discussions, brainstorming and exercises and learn different aspects of food plant essentials through role plays and case studies
- Explore value of written instructions, work instructions, procedure, and standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Bottlenecks and challenges in implementing GMPs.
- Explore why does GMPs fail.
- Explore the value of Food Safety Pre-requisites in Food Safety Mgt.
- Learn about different Pre-requisites.
- Comprehend the role Food Handler and the concept of cross contamination
- How are Food Safety Fundamentals linked together?
- Explore the focus of Food Safety Fundamentals?
- Linking Pre-requisite program to Safe Food for Canadian and PCPs.
- Linking to Pre-requisite program to Codex Alimentarius
- Linking Pre-requisite program to Food Safety Modernization Act
- SOPs for Food Safety Fundaments / Pre-requisites Programs
- Explore Individual pre-requisites
- How to Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)?
- Understand challenges Implementing and Maintaining Food Safety Perquisites
- Why does GMPs fail and how to do it right the first time?
- Managing Pre-requisite programs Monitoring, Verification, and effectiveness
An Intent to explore and learn Food Safety and its Essentials.
A passion to adopt and be in food safety profession.
Who Should Attend:
> Food Handler
> Food Packing Operators
> Food Processing Workers
> Food Safety and Quality Technicians and Lead Hands
> Food Safety and Quality Professionals
> Internal Food Safety Auditors
> Food Safety and Quality Inspectors
> Food Safety and Quality Supervisors
> HACCP Personnel Operations/Maintenance/Sanitation
> HACCP Coordinators
> New members of Food Safety team
> Public Health Inspectors
> Owners / Plant Manager
> Maintenance Individuals
> Sanitation Individuals
In Person – Instructor Lead (At FVN Training Center)
1000 Hrs >> 0500 Hrs
Full Day Training
Food Vision Inc. Training Centre
216-4000 Steels Avenue West, WoodBridge, ON, L4L 4V9
Mode of Learning,
> An instructor-led traditional classroom experience.
> Contemporary Interactive Learning Experience.
> Applied Food Industry Examples.
> Real time skill-based learning.
> Case Studies.
> Discussions and challenge situations.
> Role Plays.
> Learning in small groups.
Following policies are applied to Food Vision Inc., Trainings Workshops;
Training Program Cancellation
Food Vision Training and Learn services reserves the right to cancel or postpone a program due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, you will be notified as soon as possible. All efforts will be made to notify participants at minimum two weeks before the scheduled event. If FVI Training Services cancels a course, your entire registration fee will be refunded.
Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation due to unforeseen reasons, FVI is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
Substations; In situations where necessary, substitutions (in writing) are welcome but your prompt notifications are appreciated to facilitate the process.
If you have been registered for a training workshop but like to swap with another training workshop, it’s possible if its done 30 days prior to a workshop without a fee. It may be done against 25 % deduction if its requested 20 days prior to a scheduled workshop. Its not possible if its done later than that.
Early Cancellations: > 14 days prior to the training course date
In such cases, a refund will be issued for the registration fee paid, less a 25% processing charge.
Last minute cancellations: < 14 days prior to the course date
Refunds cannot be issued for late or last-minute cancellations.
Logistics and Special Assistance
Food Vision is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, or have any special queries please contact [email protected] one week prior to your class.